COVID-19 SECURE WORKPLACE POLICY
– CODE OF CONDUCT FOR CLIENTS, USING ANY OF THE ROOMS AT YOUNIQUE (EXCLUDING CARNELIAN that has its individual policy)
The U.K. Government announced that from 9th July 2020 businesses (with a few exceptions) involving close physical contact for prolonged periods of time could reopen, as long as strict guidelines are adhered to. After the update yesterday 22nd September, thankfully, there does not appear to be any change here.
With the guidelines, as set out on the www.gov.uk website, front of mind, this ‘Code of Conduct’ has been drawn up. For reference, the specific web page is: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/close-contact-services Please read on to understand how ‘we’ (YouNique Wellbeing Studios) are adhering to these guidelines and the measures we have in place to ensure the utmost safety of our team, ‘practitioners’ (therapists, beauticians, or workshop teacher) and clients and, in turn, how our Practitioners will comply with this ‘Code of Conduct’ and their own Governing Body guidelines.
One-to-One Appointments and Workshops
- As far as possible, doors / windows will be opened by the Practitioner, to ensure adequate ventilation in the room;
- No waiting area and / or refreshments will be provided by YouNique;
- No fans or fan heaters to be used; (except in extreme heat when there is a further health & safety issue, and in this case all windows and doors must be kept open when fan in use.)
- All Practitioners will wear some form of face covering and clean, dedicated clothes / uniforms;
- Workshop sizes will be a maximum of 5 people plus the Practitioner (depending on which room is being used)
- Where mandatory, Health forms will be completed / updated on-line or by telephone, to ascertain whether it is appropriate for you to have a treatment / attend a workshop.
- Practitioner will carry out a pre- appointment Covid 19 symptom free, health check.
- Contact details will be kept by the Practitioner, for use in any event of track and trace becoming necessary.
- A strict appointment-only system will be in place, with a minimum of a 15 minute gap between each appointment. Thereby limiting the number of people using our facility at any one time, and minimising any contact between clients;
- Clients are to wait outside the building to be invited in by their Practitioner when the room has been sanitised and is ready.
- At the end of their session, practitioner is to escort their client to the back door.
- There is to be no passing on the stairs or landings. Be mindful to check before leaving your room.
- No couch covers, linen or towels will be provided by YouNique, and if used by individual practitioners, must be specific for each client.
- Cleaning will be enhanced, with a ‘deep clean’ of the room being undertaken by a member of the YouNique Team between each change-over of Practitioner – 30 minutes is allowed for this;
- If a Practitioner has appointments running consecutively, then the Practitioner will undertake to clean and sanitise the room between appointments, and also at end of hire time.
- Hand sanitisers (with a minimum of 60% alcohol) will be available at each entry/exit point to the building and within the toilet facilities;
- Waste will be disposed of, and laundry cleaned, by the Practitioner, in line with the latest Government guidelines; The dust bin is situated in courtyard outside to the left of the back door, through gate.
- All non-essential items have been removed from the rooms;
From our clients we respectfully ask that:
- You enter and exit the building by the back door;
- On entering the building you scan the QR code (- available on the posters displayed at all entrances), using the NHS COVID-19 app. To visit YouNique it is not essential that you have access to the NHS COVID-19 app, as we will continue to keep a record of your attendance and contact details on file;
- You bring and wear your own face covering;
- You do not attend our building if you are feeling unwell in any way, but in particular, have (or have had) a high temperature or cough within the last 2 weeks or have been in contact with someone who has;
- You bring all of your own equipment, including water/refreshments, to each workshop;
- You use the hand sanitisers available on entering and leaving our building, and during your appointment as required;
- You inform your Practitioner if you develop any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19, to enable us to track and trace;
- You pay for each appointment / workshop, in advance, preferably via Paypal or Bacs. These details will be provided by YouNique when you book your appointment / place on the workshop;
- If you are unfortunate to suffer an unexpected coughing or sneezing fit, that you move outside and safely away from other people;
- If the Practitioner or member of YouNique Team are concerned about the safety of others we reserve the right to ask you to leave the building;
- If you do use the toilet that you carry out a sanitary process after use;
- You be respectful that time is needed to prepare the room for the next appointment / class;
- You please do not arrive too early, and that you remain outside the building observing social distancing until your Practitioner invites you in.